Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My thought process


Hey everyone,

It's been a long fall semester this year at Dawson and a lot of projects had to be done. But my communications project really got me thinking.

Pop Icons. what are they?

Well according to
Wikipedia Pop Icons are: A celebrity whose fame in pop culture constitutes a defining characteristic of a given society or era.

So I set out to find who the big pop icons are and what makes them icons.


First I wanted to do my project on Bono and Michael Jackson. So I posted my ideas on Ning.


I got a lot of great feedback on Ning by fellow classmates. Through this feedback I changed my idea to 3 groups of icons.


Positive icons


Bono


Michael Jackson


Marilyn Monroe


The Beatles



Negative icons


Bonnie and Clyde



Don Cherry


Fictional


Mickey Mouse


Bug Bunny


Homer Simpson



I started thinking about it more and decided to do my oral project on Bono and Don Cherry.


Bono is a activist and a humanitarian. He does good for the world by helping the poverty in Africa. But people hate him. Why is that?


Don Cherry is a controversial critic, but he is loved and popular especially with canadians. Why?


Why do people like someone who should be disliked and dislike someone who should be liked?


That's what I'm setting out to find out in my project.


I will also post blogs on other pop icons I did research on.


Well I'll be back soon with more information.


Bye for now,


Lucie


No comments:

Post a Comment